What constitutes the start of Fall? Is it the brisk weather in the morning, or the changing of the leaves? Is it pumpkin spice everything? Perhaps it's when the duration of daylight becomes noticeably shorter or when friends come over to watch Sunday night football. For us, it's probably a healthy combination of all those listed - especially the part about the #psl and we're not ashamed to admit it.
In the spirit of Starbucks releasing their Pumpkin Spice Latte (the earliest release to date) we've decided to jump onboard the basic train; that is pumpkin spice.
Soups and stews are a Fall essential so we decided to make our own version of a Ketogenic Roasted Pumpkin Soup garnished with our keto-friendly Old Fashioned Original Beef Jerky.
Check out these amazing macros:16g Protein, 2.5g Fat, 0g Carbs, 0g Sugar!
This easy autumn soup will keep you cozy all season long with minimal time in the kitchen. It's healthy, keto-friendly, creamy and rich and will keep you coming back for more!
Keto Roasted Pumpkin Soup with Beef Jerky Garnish
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 shallots
- 2 large yellow onions
- 4 gloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 (15oz) pumpkin puree cans
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream or full fat coconut milk
- 1 2.5 oz bag of People’s Choice Old Fashioned Original Beef Jerky
- A sprig of Parsley for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the sliced onions, shallots and garlic to the pan and cook stirring occasionally until caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Add the salt, cinnamon and ginger to the onions/garlic/shallot mixture and stir constantly for one minute.
- Add 1/2 cup of the chicken stock and use a wooden spoon to scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the remaining chicken broth and pumpkin puree and stir to combine.
- Turn heat to low and simmer the soup for 25 minutes.
- Turn the stove off and use a handheld immersion blender or blender to puree the soup. Alternately, use a regular blender and puree the soup in 2-3 batches.
- Stir the heavy cream into the soup. YUM.
- Add Old Fashioned Original jerky as a garnish.
Looking for other Keto-friendly beef jerky to garnish your Fall soups with or simply snack on?
Check out our Keto Collection!