People’s Choice Beef Jerky is committed to making our high-quality beef jerky accessible to everyone. We believe all our customers deserve the same quality of service and respect that we would show our own family. This statement is a declaration of responsibility to all our customers, past and future.
The World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) define requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. We aim to meet the guidelines laid out in WCAG 2.1 AA and comply with the laws, regulations, and standards under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide equal and fair access for individuals with disabilities.
We will do our best to ensure PeoplesChoiceBeefJerky.com is accessible to as many of our visitors as possible, but some limitations may exist. This statement acknowledges known limitations and offers potential solutions.
How are we improving accessibility?
People’s Choice is continuously evaluating the accessibility of our website using the following methods:
- Automated testing: All components and select pages have been tested for accessibility conformance using Axe DevTools and Google Lighthouse.
- Manual testing: Critical user flows and components were manually tested for keyboard navigation, responsiveness, and screen reader usability using VoiceOver on Mac.
Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed above (see section in this statement “Reporting accessibility problems with this website”)
At People’s Choice Beef Jerky, creating an accessible service is a team effort. We want our teams to make accessible services by:
- Considering accessibility at the start of every project and continuing to address accessibility throughout.
- Making accessibility the whole team's responsibility.
- Testing with disabled and/or assistive technology users using a library of accessible. components and patterns.
- Carrying out regular accessibility audits and testing.
- Designing and building to WCAG 2.1 AA standards. Setting up a cross-functional accessibility working group to ensure accessibility remains at the core of everything we do.
Technical information about this website's accessibility
We’ve designed and built PeoplesChoiceBeefJerky.com to be compatible with most modern web browsers, including:
- Chromium Edge: Windows 10 (latest release)
- Firefox: PC and Mac (latest release)
- Chrome: PC, Mac and Android (latest release)
- Safari: Mac and iOS (latest release)
- Older browsers are not fully supported and may not work as intended.
ARIA landmarks are used throughout PeoplesChoiceBeefJerky.com. ARIA stands for Accessible Rich Internet Applications Suite. It defines a way to make Web content and Web applications more accessible to people with disabilities.
- This website uses ARIA markup, making it easier to identify the major sections and roles on each page. A screen reader will choose major landmarks on the page, such as the content area, the navigation mechanisms, and the search area.
The ARIA landmarks used include:
- Content info
Color contrast and size: We’ve considered visual contrast standards and the size of elements (text, buttons, etc) throughout, including minimum contrast for text overlaid on top of images and generous font spacing & sizing to aid readability.
Keyboard usage: Users can navigate the site using either the keyboard or assistive technologies (i.e. no mouse). Focus states have been designed to advance in a predictable manner. A “skip to main content” link is included on all pages for keyboard users.
Text alternatives: Information portrayed with rich media such as images, videos and audio include text alternatives such as alt tags or ARIA labels to describe their intent.
Responsive design: We’ve designed page layouts to reflow depending on the device size or settings, including device orientation and browser zoom.
Usability best practices: Interactive elements use standard web conventions and predictable patterns that are intuitive and easy to use. Pages are logically structured using semantic markup.
Tell us how we’re doing
We’re always looking to improve, and your feedback helps us be the best we can be.
Reach out to us with questions or comments related to the accessibility of PeoplesChoiceBeefJerky.com, including:
- If you have issues accessing information or using this website
- If you have positive feedback about this website's accessibility
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll aim to respond in 1-2 business days.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was updated in April 2023.
Making PeoplesChoiceBeefJerky.com accessible to all is an ongoing journey. This site was audited in March 2023 against WCAG 2.1 AA conformance. We continue to push updates to fix issues that have been found through our audit.
This statement will be amended as updates roll out across the site.