There's nothing more refreshing than a spicy margarita on a hot summer day and with Cinco de Mayo quickly approaching, we decided to re-create the spicy marg with our own interpretation of spicy.
Our Carne Seca line is inspired by the diverse culinary tradition of our hometown neighborhood of Downtown Los Angeles and is a popular style of dried meat found in Northern Mexico and the Southwest region of the United States including New Mexico, Arizona, and Texas. Focused on bold flavors, fresh ingredients, and simple techniques, our Carne Seca Beef Jerky features all natural ingredients and a simplified process to showcase the deliciousness of traditional dried meat.
We felt we were doing the traditional spicy margarita justice by marrying it with our popular Limón Con Chile beef jerky because of the inherently complimentary flavors. The heat from the cracked red pepper and the richness of the guajillo chili powder compliments the tanginess of the freshly squeezed lime juice and punch of tequila. The balance between citrus and heat with the subtle smoothness of tequila makes for a refreshing cocktail. Garnished with an extra strip of Limón con Chile, this drink will satisfy any tequila loving consumer.
- Kosher salt and a lime wedge to rim the glass
- 2 ounces silver tequila (about 3 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (about 1 large or 1 1/2 small limes)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light agave nectar or any natural sweetener (add more depending on preferred sweetness)
- 1/4 to 1/2 jalapeno pepper, cut into thin, round slices (use more for more spice)
- Limón con Chile Beef Jerky
- Lime wedges, additional jalapeno slices for serving
1. Rub a lime wedge around the top edge of your glass to, then dip the glass into the salt so that it sticks, tapping all the way around. Fill the glass with ice and set aside.
2. Fill a small cocktail shaker with additional ice. Add the tequila, lime juice, sweetener, and jalapeno slices. Tightly close and shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Strain into the rimmed glass. Garnish with lime wedges, additional jalapeno slices, and Limón con Chile strip.
- April 30, 2018