Sourcing low-carb keto-friendly yogurt nowadays is a piece of (sugar-free) cake. And now, with the help of this post, sourcing keto-friendly yogurt toppings for your breakfast will be a breeze as well.
Natural yogurt, Greek yogurt, and coconut yogurt are typically the best options for those following the keto diet. Look for unflavored and unsweetened flavors specifically to find the lowest carb count.
Since the natural, Greek, and coconut yogurt you're eating will be unsweetened and unflavored, it will act as a blank canvas for all of your keto yogurt toppings. Below is a list of low-carb keto-friendly yogurt topping ideas to get you started!
If you follow a strict ketogenic diet, most fruits contain too many carbs to be consumed. There is an exception here as Berries have higher fiber content, reducing the net carbohydrates per serving. Below are the best bets for your next keto-friendly breakfast parfait.1. Blackberries: 6g net carbs per cup (144g)
2. Raspberries: 7g net carbs per cup (123g)
3. Strawberries: 8g net carbs per cup (144g)
Nuts & Seeds
Not all nuts & seeds are keto-approved yogurt toppings, but the few we've listed below are! Each ingredient below offers protein, fiber, and crunch, making them an excellent nutritional and textural addition to your morning yogurt routine.4. Pecans: 4g net carbs per cup (99g)
5. Macadamia: 6g net carbs per cup (132g)
6. Walnuts: 8g net carbs per cup (117g)
7. Hemp Hearts: 0g net carbs per cup (160g)
8. Chia Seeds: 12g net carbs per cup (160)
9. Flax Seeds: 2g net carbs per cup (112g)
Nut butter equals boneless nuts or nuts without the crunch! Nut butter is the best topping idea for your keto yogurt if you're looking to maximize your flavor and macronutrient intake.10. Macadamia Nut Butter: 1g net carbs per serving (30g)
11. Hazelnut Butter: 11g net carbs per serving (30g)
12. Almond Butter: 3g net carbs per serving (30g)
13. Pecan Butter: 1g net carbs per serving (30g)
14. Peanut butter: 5.5g net carbs per serving (30g)
These keto granola topping options will fill you up with crunch that you've been missing in your low-carb parfait. All three options below are products available for purchase, but you can also find plenty of recipes online so you can make your own at home as well!
15. High Key Cinnamon Almond Granola: 2g net carbs per serving (31g)
16. NuTrail Blueberry Cinnamon Keto Nut Granola: 3g net carbs per serving (32.5g)
17. Keto And Co Peanut Butter Crunch Keto Granola: 3g net carbs per serving (28.5)
18. Thrive Market Cacao Hazelnut Grain-Free Granola: 2g net carbs per serving (28g)
Low-Carb Chocolate Toppings
Chocolate is totally acceptable (and advisable) on the ketogenic diet, as long as it's sugar-free! Just be sure to practice moderation when using cacao nibs as a topping because while net-carbs are relatively low, they add up quickly!19. Cacao Nibs: 4g net carbs per ¼ cup (40g)
20. Sugar-Free Chocolate Syrup: 2g net carbs per 2 tbsp (30g)
21. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: 4g net carbs per 2 tbsp (12g)
The Bottom Line
With the above keto yogurt toppings ideas, you can instantly transform a bland bowl of low-carb yogurt into a gourmet breakfast parfait! Grab your favorite low-carb yogurt and go nuts mixing and matching toppings ideas until you find your perfect yogurt bowl.
And if you're looking for a variety of sugar-free keto-friendly snacks for lunch, look no further!