The holidays wouldn't be complete without the sweets and treats. In fact, the holidays are notoriously known as the most indulgent time of year where we give in to our sweet tooth and allow some flexibility with our diets and waistbands. (At least I know I do.)
One of our favorite treats at People's Choice Beef Jerky is our seasonal Maple Brown Sugar flavor, exclusively available November and December.
We thought it would be the perfect garnish for our simple Maple Syrup Cupcakes as both are seasonal favorites and decadently delicious. Bring these to your next holiday party and you'll not only get points for creativity, but also taste! Also, you can't go wrong with boxed mixes...maple...and jerky.
Ingredients for the Cupcakes:
1. French Vanilla Box Cake (water, butter and eggs needed to follow the recipe)
2. 1 Pack of French Vanilla Pudding (to add to the box cake)
3. 1/4 cup grade A maple syrup
Ingredients for the Maple Syrup Buttercream Frosting:
1. 1 pound (4 cups) of Powdered Sugar
2. 1 cup Butter (salted)
3. 1 teaspoon vanilla
4. 1/4 cup grade A Maple Syrup (add 1 tbsp+ for more of a maple syrup taste)
5. People's Choice Beef Jerky Maple Brown Sugar for the garnish
Steps for Cupcakes:
1. Follow recipe for boxed French Vanilla Boxed Cake. Add one box of French vanilla pudding to the cake batter for an extra moist cupcake. Bake the cupcakes and allow time for the cupcakes to completely cool before frosting.
Steps for Maple Syrup Buttercream Frosting:
1. Add softened sticks of butter to mixer.
2. Add vanilla and grade A maple syrup.
3. Mix until butter and maple syrup are completely mixed.
4. Add powdered sugar. Beat on low until powdered sugar is incorporated. Then move mixer up to medium-high speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often.
Steps for Selecting the Perfect Jerky Garnish:
1. Be creative! Cut up small pieces of the Maple Brown Sugar Jerky and stick them in the cupcake or choose a larger, more standout piece. Completely up to you!
- October 31, 2018