Sweet and salty were made for each other. In fact, it's scientifically proven, but it doesn't take a scientist to know this is true. In honor of Valentine's Day and our love for both chocolate and jerky, we've decided to marry the two. Whoever said the perfect marriage doesn't exist never tried this.
We've come up with a simple 3-step process for chocolate covered beef jerky. The salt from the jerky accentuates the rich sweetness of the chocolate that leaves you wanting more. Soft, chewy, and deliciously decadent, this recipe is the perfect way to spend a chilly winter afternoon or a romantic Valentine's Day.
- 1 lb Old Fashioned Original Beef Jerky
- 1 lb Old Fashioned Hot & Spicy
- Any type of chocolate
- Favorite toppings
1. Pick a chocolate to melt. There are different kinds of chocolate including bittersweet, semisweet, milk, white and dark. You can also melt chocolate bars, chocolate chips, or discs of melting chocolate.
2. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over medium heat stirring continuously as to prevent burning.
3. Dip, dunk, or drizzle the chocolate over some beef jerky pieces. Yes, it really is as simple as that.
**I used the Old Fashioned Original because it has a natural richness of salt and meat that compliments the sweetness of the chocolate. The flavor profile of the meat doesn't overpower the chocolate, but only enhances it's decadence.
Finish it off with your favorite sweet treat topping such as crushed nuts, candy, caramel, dried fruit - or anything you'd like!
- January 30, 2018