If you're looking to live a healthier lifestyle, a 7 day clean eating meal plan is a great way to start.
Clean eating is simply a healthy approach to eating that focuses on whole foods like nutrient rich fruits and vegetables, whole grains and healthy fats. It's important to limit processed foods, refined grains, added sugar and alcohol because they typically lack any nutritional value.
When focusing on wholesome ingredients and high quality whole foods you won't have to focus on counting calories, which makes this meal plan simple and easy to stick with longterm.
7 Day Clean Eating Meal Plan
- Breakfast: Plain Greek yogurt, raspberries, handful chopped nuts
- Lunch: Garden salad with grilled chicken
- Dinner: Salmon and roasted vegetables
- Breakfast: Large apple with almond butter.
- Lunch: Vegetable minestrone soup.
- Dinner: Spinach salad with avocado, quinoa and beets.
- Breakfast: Fruit smoothie with natural peanut butter.
- Lunch: Cucumber salad with grilled chicken.
- Dinner: Chicken and kale soup.
- Breakfast: Oatmeal with banana and walnuts.
- Lunch: Chicken and avocado wrap.
- Dinner: Rosemary chicken with steamed vegetables.
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, whole wheat toast and an orange.
- Lunch: Turkey sandwich with vegetables and whole wheat bread.
- Dinner: Veggie beef bowl with stir fry vegetables.
- Breakfast: Egg white omelet with spinach and whole grain toast.
- Lunch: Spinach salad with balsamic dressing.
- Dinner: Whole grain pasta with homemade sauce and ground turkey.
- Breakfast: Overnight oats.
- Lunch: Greek salad with balsamic dressing and chicken.
- Dinner: Mediterranean wrap with a whole wheat tortilla.
What foods to eat on a clean eating meal plan
It's imperative to stick to eating whole foods on a clean diet.
- Lean proteins (beef, bison, elk, venison, goat, antelope, eggs, turkey, chicken, duck, pork, quail, goose, ostrich)
- Sustainably caught seafood (salmon, mackerel, anchovies, sea bass, sardines, sablefish, pompano, eel, carp, herring, tuna, cod, shellfish)
- Plant based proteins (quinoa, buckwheat, beans, legumes, chickpeas, lentils, green peas, edamame, tofu)
- Organic and grass-fed dairy (cows milk, cheese, cottage cheese, cream, butter)
- Whole grains (rice, oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, wheat, pasta, bread, crackers, barley, ancient grains, cereal grains)
- Fruits (cherries, apples, bananas, grapes, peaches, pears, oranges, mangos, pineapples, figs)
- Healthy Fats (avocados, olives, cacao, coconut, peanuts, peanut butter, nuts, nut butters, seeds)
Foods to avoid on a clean eating meal plan
- Artificial sweeteners
- Refined sugars
- Processed meats
- Packaged foods
If you want to live a healthier lifestyle, sticking to a clean diet meal plan can be attainable with whole foods and eliminating processed or packaged foods.
Here are 17 balanced snacks to keep you healthy and fueled!